Friday, December 30, 2016

Dear 2016,

Wow, have you been a random year!


I don't really even know how to sum it up. So much has happened this year.. and it has been a very challenging year in so many different aspects. In general retrospect it seems like a pretty annoying year and for some reasons even depressing, however the details and some events have probably made it one of the best years in my life. This really shows how in life everything balances out - there is always something good after the bad.

The difficult things taught me to be patient and to rely on myself. It might sound sad, but I think it is a good lesson - only relying on yourself leaves less room for failure, getting hurt and not being able to follow your dreams because of other people. Yes, for example, to plan to travel with someone is great, but you shouldn't count on the other person to 100% have to be there or you can't go. If you want to go, make your dream come true and go. And if others choose to come, that's even better.

I had to change my views on this, as I had to move out of my apartment in the spring, I had to commute 4 hours every day to work, meaning I didn't really get any rest during the summer. This was in addition to some other issues with my family so to say the summer was pretty stressful is an understatement.

But! As they say, let's focus on the good. So, 2016, here's what's happened:

  • Working out and healthy eating. It might not be as apparent as I would like it to be, but to those who know, I am always on a diet, lol. But this year I feel I really understood more about eating, eating mindfully, choosing good foods on a general basis. I also enjoyed working out as much as I could, more in the spring/winter and less in the summer, and taking up running, which I plan to do again when it gets warmer. In addition, I also participated in Maijooks, however, for walking not running. But will run in 2017! I lost weight and I am stronger than I was a year ago. I think the biggest breakthrough was realizing that I took me years to get to where I am today and will take time to get to the "perfect" body (for lack of better description). Healthy life is a life not a quick fix - and I feel happy knowing that it is a journey.

  • Veganism. Again this year, but I have learnt so much about vegan food and lifestyle! We created the vegan menu for Kroon and I really started to enjoy cooking and creating recipes, which I wasn't as good as before. I has been a great and inspiring journey, which I hope never ends!
  • Finally dyed my hair! Okay, this is a small one, but I finally coloured the ends blonde, a really nice ombre hair and got myself princess hair. Very important step this year, for sure.
  • Travelling! I did so much travelling this year- from London to Riga, Stockholm and at the end of the year, the best time in my life - to Los Angeles. Words can not describe Los Angeles. It really does deserve it's own post, a blog, something big!










Yes... I could just stay and add about a million more LA pictures, but they really do deserve separate posts!

  • Weekend festival. This year I also decided to go to Weekend Festival in Pärnu and I am so happy I did! The vibe there and the live concerts, despite the rain on the second day, it was a really awesome experience!


Looking back at all the things that have happened, I really feel that this year has been a learning year. I didn't want to do new years promises for 2016, because I felt I didn't need the pressure of having to accomplish or do something - I wanted to do things because I wanted to them. I feel that thanks to 2016, I am ready for 2017 to be a year of accomplishments, and to really do more. 

Thank you, 2016,
I am ready for 2017!


M

No comments:

Post a Comment