Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas '16

Hey there again!

.. And a little late Merry Christmas! 

I m so sorry for definitely having been naughty on here - yes, I am talking about those promised LA posts (and any other posts a proper blogger should do)! But I haven't had the time/energy to post anything, and have been reflecting on what has been and thinking about what will be.. In addition, my camera didn't work for a while and now that it does, I can really see that neither my phone nor my camera take good enough pictures for me to feel contempt with. So I am on the lookout for a new camera.

In another addition, I am also on the lookout for a new computer - mine has had problems with the adapter / battery since summer and it feels like it shuts down just as I look at it.. Okay, actually, when I slightly nudge the charger. But it is really annoying when it happens 10+ times a day (including twice when writing this post), and I can't really move it around the house or take it with me without the fear it might not turn on ever again. So there's that.

But on to happier topics- this weekend was Christmas! As usual, every Christmas has drama and somehow I ended up being everyones helper on Christmas Day and getting their last minute presents + wrapping them + wrapping my own! We planned not to give any gifts this year, but as was expected it didn't go that way so everyone made gifts for pretty much everyone. We spent Christmas at my mums house this year and it was such a nice change of scenery as we usually always go to my aunties place.


It was nice to enjoy a different table setting and surrounding this year. I made an awesomesauce Christmas playlist, we put the fireplace on from Youtube, the cats were there being cute as ever. And what made it even more special for me, was that it was my second Christmas as a vegan and it was heartwarming to see that this year, at least half the dishes were vegan or at least had a vegan alternative! As I already explained the camera situation, food photos are too bad to understand anything from, but I can list a few delicious things we had on the table - roasted vegetables, vegan layered mayonnaise salad (peas, beetroot, potato, cheese), lentil carrot loaf, vegan sauces, fresh salad, vegan chocolate cake, pumpkin salad, cranberries... All made by my mum and my sister, who well, are both chefs, so there you go, why it was all beyond amazing! S got home exactly for Christmas, we managed to get all the presents and decorate the tree literally like 15 minutes before everyone arrived and had a really nice night!

Christmas Boy & Snow Boy brought the presents

And wearing paper towels on our heads was The Trend of the season (Trademarked Palvarstyle)



Hope everyone else also had a great Christmas time! I will enjoy this week as I took it off from work and hope you can all relax and think back of this year :)


Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment